Swim School Reopening Plans
Update May 28, 2020
Dear Aqua Sports Community,
Our swim school has received word from San Mateo County Environmental Health Services that we may reopen!
We are in the process of revising our program to meet the new requirements and will be in contact with each enrolled family as soon as possible.
Our plan is to be back in the pool on or before June 15th. Please note, adherence to the following Pool Safety Guidelines are the conditions for us resuming swim lessons:
- Gatherings are still prohibited (i.e., the pool deck cannot be open for visitor or non-family members).
- Minimum of 6-foot Social Distancing (100% requirement, in and out of the pool).
- Face coverings are mandatory when not in the pool.
- Hand washing upon entering the facility is required.
- Change room and shower will remain closed for students.
- The restroom will have a rigorous cleaning and disinfection protocol.
- Equipment in the pool area, including deck furniture, must be wiped down after each.
Social distancing requirements in and out of the pool will make it necessary for us to temporarily change our current format. Because of the distancing requirement in the pool, we are modifying our current teaching approach to accommodate no contact lessons, and the number of simultaneous students/instructors. The contactless method of teaching swimming will be a challenge for our younger and less experienced students. For this reason, we may delay the start date of these students a while longer. Our instructors are currently evaluating all of their students to help determine which ones are able to return by June 15th.
In-progress sessions paused by the March 17th closure will resume with a new schedule for remaining lessons. Email communication along with phone calls are the best ways to establish these new schedules, so please wait to hear from us. Everyone will have an opportunity to review and approve their revised session schedule.
Our office is open again, and our instructors are preparing a modified program to get back in the water with their swimmers.
We truly appreciate your patience, and look forward to swimming with you again,
Pam, Sarah & The Aqua Sports team